Our meetings are open to the public. All are welcome, including beginners, long-time beekeepers, and people simply interested in honey bees. Please join our club and support bee education in the Klamath Basin. We are an all volunteer non-profit organization.
Please check our Facebook page for up to the minute current events:
9am; KBREC Extension Office, 6923 Washburn Way, Klamath Falls, OR 97603.
PDF slides from previous meetings can be downloaded at: www.tinyurl.com/KBBAMEETINGS
- 28 January - Taking orders for bees.
- 25 February - Taking orders for bees.
- 25 March
- Final order day for bees.
- Shastina Millwork Sale, please pre-order your supplies directly by March 21.
2017 Shastina Price List visit www.shastinabeegirls.com for product images.
- 22 April - Club Meeting - Swarm Control Presentation and Package Installation Demo
- 29 April - Bee Package Delivery at KBREC
- 20 May - Dr. Ramesh Sagili, OSU Bee Lab. Alternative meeting location TBA.
- 24 June - Field Day
- 29 July - Field Day
- 26 August - BBQ and Potluck Warford Park, RSVP required.
- 30 September
- 21 October
- 18 November - Board of Directors Election
9am-1pm; KBREC Extension Office, 6923 Washburn Way, Klamath Falls, OR 97603.
- 4 March, Beginning Beekeeping Class. 9am-1pm, cost 25 dollars per person. Optional book $15, or free dowload www.tinyurl.com/KBBABeeBook.
- 12 August, Intermediate Beekeeping Class. 9am-1pm, cost 25 dollars per person. Optional book $15, or free dowload www.tinyurl.com/KBBABeeBook. (Same book as in the Beginning Beekeeping Class.).
A Friday in the Apiary:
Davitt Apiaries, www.klamathbees.com, 22802 Highway 66, Keno, OR 97627.
Get hands on experience before you get into beekeeping. This event is open to the public at their own risk. We have protective clothing on hand; please bring a baseball cap. We will open hives and discuss what the bees are doing during the season.
OSU Master Beekeeper Program Field Days
Davitt Apiaries, 22802 Highway 66, Keno, OR 97627.
Dates and times to be announced on Facebook. www.facebook.com/groups/KBBAFB
This for students enrolled in the OSU Master Beekeeper program. Club members can attend if they like. This program usually takes 3 hours. 1 hour of classroom lesson followed by hands on work in the apiary.